top of page


1. When you first light your candle please make sure it is on a heatproof surface and away from any draughts.

Burn your candle for at least 2 hours, not doing this means your candle tunnels - that's when it burns straight down the middle and you end up with lots of wasted wax on the jar.

2. After the first burn you may find that your wick is a little tired – before lighting again, trim the wick to about 5mm. This will ensure that your candle flame does not flicker and is steady. Always make sure you leave enough room to relight!

3. Candles should burn one hour for every 1 inch in diameter of the candlesize. Each time you burn, allow the wax to melt to the full circumference of the container. This may take between 2-3 hours on your first burn. This will ensure that you have the best scent possible. This also allows you to have an even layered candle. Do not light your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.

4. Burn Safely: Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface away from drafts, children, pets, and flammable items. Never leave your candle unattended while lit. Keep wax pool free of debris, if something does fall in when the candle has been snuffed use a toothpick or match stick to remove the debris and dispose safely. Burn candles in a well-ventilated area. If smoking occurs: extinguish the flame, trim the wick, and relight. 

5. Do not relight your candle when the wax is under 1cm. Burning beyond this point can produce a safety hazard.

6. If you stick to our Candle Care tips above sooting should be minimal, however there is always a chance that some soot will appear. Don’t worry, it’s super easy to clean, just take a clean damp cloth and wipe around the inside of the container – only do this once the wax has fully set. 

7. Avoid burning in breezy areas. The wind can lead to your candle having an uneven burn and risk tunnelling and sooting, it can even affect the scent throw – meaning your candle won’t smell as great as it should.

8. When you’re not using your candle please store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight as it may discolour. 

bottom of page